Aug 16, 2013

Day 8 - Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom

Here is the Day 8 post of 30 days 30 books. I am running a day behind so I will try to write two reviews today. I feel at times that I might just give up because of no time or energy.
Once again, I request my co-bloggers to send me your reviews if you have any so that I can share them on some days.

For Day 3 – I shared Shrinidhi’s review of “How I braved Anu aunty” which you can read here.

Most of you would realize that I am not really reviewing the latest books. I review books that I liked, or left an impact on me. Books that I recommend.

So the book today is a very special, my favorite “Tuesdays with Morrie” by “Mitch Albom”.
It was gifted to me by a friend while I lacked inspiration in my life. The book came with high recommendations and a little google search told me about its bestselling status.

Tuesdays with Morrie is a non-fiction, a memoir of Mitch Albom weekly meetings with his favorite teacher from university.

Mitch, who at that time was climbing up the success ladder one day heard the news of illness of his once upon a favorite teacher, with whom he was no longer in contact. He decided to visit him once, and thereafter visited him every Tuesday.

The book is the account of conversations they had during those meetings. At first they were regarding career and other fellow students, then life in general, then deeper issues like understanding happiness, gratitude and sadness.

The book is lightly written in the beginning and grows intense as progresses. Almost every meeting has a lesson to learn, some that leave you humble, other that make you question. Most importantly, they stay with the reader.

While reading the book I felt that they were specifically written for me. It made me think, weep and smile. It did exactly what a book is supposed to do – stay with you.

I have read the book several times and have gifted a copy to many. I rate the book 5 out of 5.

Read the Day 7 review of Reading Lolita in Tehran here

2 comments:

  1. what a lovely coincidence I am reading it in office. Also Sugandha I have written the last lecture review even dropped a message about it on facebook. Lemme know where to send you :-)

    and yes tuesdays with morrie is a 5/5 book!

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one!! Their conversations speak to me too...few parts I've marked for me and have at times reread them! :)

    ReplyDelete

You surely want to leave a comment. Don't you? Go ahead! please :)