Nov 17, 2013

You can never know it all

“So, you think you know it all?” He asked as he led us down the dark lane.

“Yes I do” I barked, getting irritated at this entire expedition to see a mysterious “bhoot” palace. I was more irritated at my friends who were scared and excited at this entire thing.

His instructions to be silent and walk in a single file were annoying me more.

“Are we going to play cricket?” I shouted. But he gave me a “Shhhh” look and pointed.

There stood a poorly lit huge red brick palace at the cricket grounds that we often played at.


*************************


So, you think you know it all? She asked.

I, completely sure of my belief in non-existence of spirits, replied, “No I don’t, but certainly that there are no spirits.”

She invited me to sit and placed a pre-prepared chart and a coin in the center.

She asked me to keep my finger on the coin with as much force I can and stepped back. She then asked me to ask a question, answer to which could be a yes or no.

Feeling rebellious, as soon as I did, the coin moved against all my force and stopped at “yes”.




 The above stories are based on Write Tribe  "100 words on Saturday." prompt  So, you think you know it all. This prompt has been provided by Jairam of Mahabore Mumblings. Do check his blog for knowledge, recreation, humor and more.

33 comments:

  1. Ah! an Ouija board! God one for the prompt.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creepy board. I have heard about these. Yikes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes.. that was spooky. I never had the courage to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay.. ouija board horror :) Me likes.

    At the risk of sounding pushy, would like to share a link to a story of mine which was published a few years back based on a similar Ouija board/ Indian ritual horror story.

    http://www.godyears.net/2012/10/chasing-august-published-in-crimson-fog.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed getting an answer when in school.
    Honestly, I couldn't control my giggles seeing all my friends sitting glued to the board and burst into a laughter riot along with a friend of mine. :-D :-D :-D
    It was fun watching everyone else give us a stare like, 'You'll pay for this. The spirits will take revenge." Ha Ha Ha... :-D :-P

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have all experienced the moving of a coin. Do you believe in such things? a good take on the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouija boards are just scary. I loved your take on the prompt.♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can never forget the thrill/ chill of my first ouija board experience. Not something I'll indulge in again - something about rattling those spirits doesn't sit too well with me! Very gripping, Sugandha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yikes!! That was creepy!!
    The Ouija board is definitely creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Believe it or not I have never tried this! and somehow I am okay without it :P

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you! I tell you, these are the weirdest experience of my life.

      Delete
  11. I'm with Corinne. Best be respectful of spirits if one has to play the Ouija.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ouija board or planchet , but its wise not to disturb the spirits. good take on the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Reading this gave me creeps. Remembered the scary tales of cousins using Ouija Boards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved both of them and, specially the ourja board..shit scary and creepy:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds really creepy. Good one Sugandha

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have heard about such things and the Board too..i really I want ot try this someday.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Whoa! I have always stayed away from these things... must say you had some guts babe :)

    ReplyDelete

You surely want to leave a comment. Don't you? Go ahead! please :)