Mar 4, 2014

Free Write? Me? Hmmm


I began to write a free write post earlier today but had to leave it half way because something urgent cropped up. As a result, when I came back to write, I had to delete and write again.

Free Writes often scare me. Why? Because I am more of a prompt person. Give me a prompt and I can usually churn out something. Maybe not great quality, but something will be there on the paper. Whereas, ask me to free write and I freeze.

Funnily, most my stories are written in one go and are more often than not, not thoroughly researched or spell checked. I am yet to learn methods of those, who get their thoughts in place, plan and then come up with a post.

However, now that I have begun, I will just do some quick catch up on the festival in form of free write.

I missed on 9 sentence story and I don’t think I can write it in free write.
I joined in from blog love and share Aditi’s blog whom I had interviewed and featured.
I would also like to add A borrowed backpack a blog by Divya Rai which is pretty awesome travel blog. Check it out here - http://aborrowedbackpack.wordpress.com/

Just a few things before I go. Someone’s post reminded me that my blog anniversary is around. It will one full year that I began blogging regularly.

More than 200 posts, around 22000 page views, and some 4000 comments later, I have not only gained some writing confidence but I have made some awesome friends.
Yet I am still a newbie. I am still learning a few do’s and don’ts, social media link ups, guest rules, host rules, etc. Just about a week ago, Sakshi Nanda with her lovely guest post taught me some nuances of guest blogging. I have learnt my bit and hope to follow it. Project 365 last month taught me to plan and coordinate a post.

Okay! Out of breath now. That’s all for my free write. To sum it up, it’s been lovely here.


Have you found Shades of Life on Facebook yet? Please check it out here

Please take out time to read more about the featured blogger for the month of March "Aditi Kaushiva" here.

Also, check out the post by a non-blogger who penned down her feeling.

Guests are always welcomed at Shades of Life. Drop me a line at sugandha118@gmail.com and I would love to share your thoughts here. 

11 comments:

  1. That was a great summary, Sugandha ! Congrats on the Blogoversary, and you've been doing good over here. Looking forward to reading more from you !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done with the free write :) I'm still struggling with today's post. Congratulations on a great first year...n u reminded me my blog anniv is also next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the anniversary of your blog. Way to go

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great news about the blogoversary! Hope you have many more to come! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thats quite an accomplishment in an year Sugandha ... inspiring ideed ... All the best and hope to read you more

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank YOU for the mention :D I wondered why the traffic source in my blog has your link given. Now I get it! Thanks!
    Congratulations for completing a year Sugandha. Many more fabulous ones to come!

    ReplyDelete

You surely want to leave a comment. Don't you? Go ahead! please :)