Apr 2, 2014

Reviews A to Z - My experience with blogger

This April, I celebrate one year of my blogging. Also this May, my blog will complete seven years of existence in Blogosphere. In these seven years my blog has died and reborn thrice. At first it was called “scribbles”, which had info from college and other places, then it became “thoughts that matter not” and you know what it contained. Now the biggest and current avatar is called shades of life.

What is to be noted is my love for the blogger. I know that there are many who find other portals better but as the oldest blogging platform, blogger has its own advantages.

1. Constant updates and troubleshoots – in my seven years, I have seen this portal becoming more user friendly if anything else. The google team is constantly updating the system.

2. Easy manage – For a brief time, I tried to export my blog to another portal. Maybe my ignorance, but I found blogger easiest.

3. Wide range of tutorial – When I actively began blogging, for a phase I felt I was on my way to becoming techie. Blogger being one of the oldest platforms, there is a wide database of tutorial available.

4. Response time – Blogger gained my ultimate appreciation when I sent feedback once about my problem. My blog had become unlisted and it was sorted within hours.



Although there are few limitations with blogger, my overall experience with blogger is thumbs up.

---------------------


Linking it to UBC and A to Z challenge.

Have you found Shades of Life on Facebook yet? Please check it out here

Please take out time to read more about the featured blogger for the month of March "Aditi Kaushiva" here.

Also, check out the post by a non-blogger who penned down her feeling.



Guests are always welcomed at Shades of Life. Drop me a line at sugandha118@gmail.com and I would love to share your thoughts here.




50 comments:

  1. Blogger is a pretty good platform, but there are definitely limitations, especially for those who want to be in total control of their websites. It's certainly more flexible than the free version of Wordpress, in that you are allowed to use flash and javascript. :)
    The Doglady's Den

    ReplyDelete
  2. B for Blogger - Lovely. Blogger is comfortable and convenient as Debbie said. However, I prefer WordPress more as a techie myself :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers to blogger! I have been blogging for only a year but I agree it's quite user friendly. I am happy that the response time was good in case of your query! Full marks in that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) true that...a response within four hours is rare.

      Delete
  4. I love blogger too..It's suits my style...I have also a backup of my blog in wordpress but I don't like it too much...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started off with Blogger too but then shifted to self-hosted WP because unfortunately blogger's commenting system was annoying me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good analysis. I have been blogging for a while now on Blogger. I do write another blog on WP but update it infrequently. Still have to figure out all the features. I am quite happy with Blogger so far.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Review ... Blogger rocks !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was on blogger for a while, then switched to WP due to various reasons. I love WP all the more primarily due to the increased interaction it facilitates.

    Ishithaa
    #AtoZChallenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. even my experience with blogger is good. Benn loyal to it for almost 5 years

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had a Blogger account, but I canceled it a few weeks after starting it. I just liked the program better at Wordpress. Everyone is different, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I started with Blogger and still stuck with it.... thou it is troublesome at times... I love this space..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blogger is definitely user friendly. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like Blogger but it's all I've ever used. However, when I visit WP blogs, I'm always impressed with the LOOK, but typically I run into problems with leaving a comment. That might be whatever template someone chose, I don't know.
    Visiting from A to Z ~

    ReplyDelete
  14. The biggest USP of blogger is that it is free. All its features are non chargeable.

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Blogger ki jai :) I've never tried any other platform , but I feel a certain love for blogger :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh yay! I found another blogger fan :D I have been wondering about shifting to WP but I am such a die-hard Google fan that I have always resisted. I should keep coming back to this post to reaffirm that every now and then ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like blogger too! Love that it is free and easy to use.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sugandha! I agree with you. Though I'm more regular on WP, I love my blogger account also, easy to manage with features..an absolute delight to write on. Need to get back to blogger and update my stream:) great post n zillion thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Good, tks Sugandha I'm on blogger for the last few years but haven't blogged much and have been wondering if wordpress is better, good shot of confidence :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I was with Blogger for eight years before moving to WP. I loved it then and love it now. :D

    Happy Blog-Anniversary, Sugandha!

    Vidya Sury
    Rocking the A to Z Challenge with Team Damyanti
    Blogging Betties: Are you one?
    Blood Pressure and Living with Type 2 Diabetes

    ReplyDelete
  21. Blogger is cool like that, we're all in this together. I can't wait for the rest of A to Z

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've not had any problems with blogger, as of yet. It's a great blogging platform.
    I’m an A to Z helper this year, so I’ll be checking back to make sure everything’s OK :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sure Laura..Thank you for dropping by :)

      Delete
  23. Oh I love blogger. Tried WP for some time but nah! not for me

    ReplyDelete
  24. Blogger it is. Now you will be my 'Go - to person" for all blogging issues.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure Inderpreet, I will try to help as much as I know

      Delete
  25. What a lovely idea to review Blogger :) I agree,it has been a lot more friendly for me to use as well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Seeta. Great that you like it too :)

      Delete
  26. You have a blog since 7 years - Awesome! I love blogger too :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Glad you are a blogger fan. I love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your blog post is really very informative & interesting. Thanks for sharing. For more updates on online shopping Coupons & discount Codes please visit Clovia Women Products

    ReplyDelete

You surely want to leave a comment. Don't you? Go ahead! please :)