Oct 5, 2013

UBC Day 5 - Catching up - 5

Continuing from Acquaintances - 4
------------------------

One and half year ago – “Where are you lost? And will you tell something more about your smile?” Deepti prompted, shaking Priya out of her trance.

Priya sighed. She had completely forgotten about Deepti. She politely denied.

But Deepti had now sensed something and she insisted. How could Priya deny her best friend?

She gave her a full account of her relationship. She told how she met Nitin at a party through a common friend. They were dating for about a year now and she had recently moved in with him. He was coming to India at the end of her twenty days breaks to speak to her parents.

“So will you permanently live in Singapore now?” Deepti sadly said, forgetting her own problems.

Priya solemnly nodded. Deepti continued, “But what about Sushant? I thought you guys had something? Why didn’t you tell me anything about Nitin?”

“Sushant is just a friend! Deepti. I am sorry dear but I didn’t tell anyone about it till I wasn’t sure.” Priya explained back.

Suddenly guilty, Priya changed the topic. She continued, “We are here to discuss Harsh and not my boyfriend. Will you please tell me more or shall I finish my mojito and call for check?”

“There is nothing much to discuss about Harsh. My aunt told my mother about him and she met his parents. She liked him and wants me to marry him. I have told her that I am not interested but she just doesn’t understand.” Deepti explained it all in one go.

“Why aren’t you interested Deepti? Is it Harsh or you are still stuck upon your ex?” Priya asked.

“Harsh is somewhat different. He has some ego it seems. I might be somewhat stuck but I am not discounting Harsh for nothing. I know how to put my past behind but Harsh just doesn’t seem the right choice.”

“Who does then?” Priya asked. “You haven’t met or gone out with anyone in last six months. Aunty was telling that Harsh is the third proposal. Deepti let me tell you, you might be just looking for excuse.” She continued.

“Let it be. I don’t want to talk about” Deepti said and got up.

They paid the bill and left. Somewhere on the way back, they agreed that it was a good evening and they should do it next week too.

They were just blocks away from their homes when Priya’s phone started ringing.


“Hello Dad! Yes. Yes. What? I will be right there…”Priya answered to the voice in the phone, tears rolling down her cheeks.”

------------------------

What happened? What was the reason behind Priya's tears? Want to know more about girls? Coming up on Day 6.

20 comments:

  1. Curious to know the reason behind Priya's tears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great build up... I, too am curious to know..

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes yes!! Tears? This one didn't have a happy end :"(

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my?? What is happened?? Why the tears? Can't wait to find out what is going on. Great story so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your blog is amazing. Do you have a professional editor who does your page? I am on Blogger too and I can't get my blog to look this awesome. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda...no Its the blogger which helped.

      Delete
  6. Interesting confessions...but why the tears....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope everything is fine at Priya's home. I can sense a twist coming up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i guess in every story a bit of tears is in order... :'(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting and curious too...

    ReplyDelete

You surely want to leave a comment. Don't you? Go ahead! please :)