Aug 15, 2013

Day 6 - The other side of human love by Richa Singh

Technically today is the eight day and I am running late by two days. On top of it I am making an exception from the given list and reviewing a book that I have read through the day.

I don’t know if it is supposed to be called a book. But I’d like to call it the same. It’s a story that I read in bits and pieces over a month and then wanted to read the whole of it together. And that’s when the author…our very own co-blogger Richa Singh (yes! It is a story by a blogger) came up with a pdf version.
Like I said, I had read bits of it on the blog. I couldn’t wait to download it as I got to know about its existence. So, the other side of human love landed on my laptop and phone somewhere today morning and from that time all I have done in every free minute is to read till the end of very engrossing 44 page story.

The story revolves around Radha, a girl who is troubled by her family over marital issues. Her character wonderfully etched against the confusing, rebellious Sangeeta. The story talks about homosexuality and acceptance from society. Where Sangeeta is strong and bold about the statement, Radha cannot quite accept the orientation of her best friend.

The story moves fast and lively over six months and each character come at the right time. It moves fourteen year forward and brings with it tragedy, sadness, love, jealousy and surprise. It holds a small mystery that is revealed in the last chapter.

A beautifully written short and sweet story, it is a perfect read for lighter moods. I rate it 3.5 out of 5.

You can download the book here - http://subzeroricha.blogspot.in/

(It is practically the first time that I have read and reviewed a book by a co-blogger. If you have a book/a short story long to read, please share it here and I would love to do the same and attempt a humble review here on my blog)

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow Sugandha! Thank you soo much :-) I feel like a star already :P :P and you gave it a 3.5! I would have perhaps done a .5 justice to it, comparing the reads like Palace of illusions that you have reviewed here. I love you girl thank you sooo much!!

    Richa

    ReplyDelete

You surely want to leave a comment. Don't you? Go ahead! please :)