Aug 27, 2013

Day 15 – Chanakya’s chant by Ashwin Sanghi

We have read, seen and understood Chanakya’s political lessons for generations. Aspiring kings and kingpins want to follow his principles and lessons. But that was more than 2300 years ago. We do not have the arthveda or Chanakya.

Think of comparing Chanakya’s notes with modern day politics – read Ashwin Sanghi’s “Chanakya’s Chant”.
In alternating chapters that shift between Chanakya and Gangadhar, Chandragupta and Chandni, king of Magadh and Prime Minister of India story leaves you between known chapters of history and unknown chapters of current story.

It is written in captivating, moving chapters that reveals the real face of politics over years and years. Methods may have changed, the guiding principle remains same.

In two parallel running stories, I couldn’t decide which was more captivating. Everytime a chapter ended, I wanted the next to end fast so that I could continue the first but somewhere mid chapter would have twists and turns that made me forget the first and move on to second.

If you like a gripping fast pace story, and like to read suspense and politics it is a recommended read. I rate the book 3.5 out of 5.


The above review is part of my ongoing project 30 days 30 books.

Read Day 14 review of John Green's "The fault in our stars"

10 comments:

  1. Gangasagar,Chandani,Chandragupt and Chankya, these characters seem close to us. I loved this book I would rate it 4/5.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Out of all the three Sanghi's books, this one I liked the best. Politics was and will remain a forever dirty game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    We would like to send our books for review in your blog. We are a leading publishing company and venture into all categories of Books. You can also visit www.leadstartcorp.com .

    Can you please confirm the name, contact details and your address for us to send in our books.

    And also you can have a look at the link mentioned below about the review of our bestseller "ASURA" of 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty5k8H8BXQc#at=33

    Awaiting for your reply

    Thanks & Regards,


    Parag Mayekar,
    Leadstart Media Relations Team
    Leadstart Publishing Pvt Ltd
    Tel No - 022-24046889 , Mob No : 7506194464
    Email Id : parag.mayekar@leadstartcorp.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book seems interesting and the subject appeal me a lot..so I guess I will read this one..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    I stumbled across your blog and really enjoyed your reviews. I am a publisher (2 novels published) in search of identity and would feel privileged to get reviewed by you.
    I will be happy to send a copy to you (soft copy or hard copy. Whichever you feel convenient enough). Let me know if you are interested.
    I’d love to hear back from you. You may contact me at mallam.nareshgoud@gmail.com

    Best Regards,
    Naresh

    ReplyDelete

You surely want to leave a comment. Don't you? Go ahead! please :)