Jul 14, 2013

Reality shows - politician, newsroom and no electricity

I am one of those television audiences who believe reality shows to be a hoax. I do not believe in them at all. Be it a dance competition, a wedding competition, a singing one or stay in a house reality show, I believe they are fixed and the winner is declared even before the show starts.

However, if I had a possibility of producing, directing and hosting a reality show, there are my few top picks -

A reality show on what goes inside a newsroom - The news channel these days are more entertaining than the daily soaps. The host comes and grabs your attention by scaring you, pitying you, demeaning the country’s system, etc. The news is full of bad things that are happening around us. I know that these are important and they mean that the country is waking but the flash lines are so dramatic. I want to start a reality show where the top 5 news channel would go about their daily routine of creating dramatic flash lines, rehearsing to create that extra drama and most importantly revive the archived files if the factual pictures are not available while on camera. (I have a feeling the show will be a hit, and the news channels not participating will show the story of these to increase their TRP)

Life of a politician – We have had several sting operations of how flashy life these politicians live or the way they splurge on the public property and money. However, all of them appear to have a very simple lifestyle. They don’t wear tailored suits or get out of Cadillac. In my reality show, I would want to see how much money a competitor spends in a day. Each participant will be given a portion of his scam money and asked to spend in a day. The one who can spend the maximum is to be the winner. (There is a technical glitch – no politician would want the world to know his spending and scam capabilities)

A life without technology – I often wonder, how the world would be if there wasn’t any technology. In this reality show, we would not allow our participants to use any machinery. They can choose the set up where they want to live. In their homes means – no television, no air conditioners/warmers, no electricity, no motor to pull water – anything that is battery, electricity or fuel operated. On a camp means – no vehicle, no shot guns, no flash lights. The sooner the person gives up, the sooner he would be out. (Personally I feel that all of them will be out in a day or two. Our lives are so dependent on these things, we can’t live without these.)


This post is written for WOW by Blogadda

24 comments:

  1. A life without technology interests me.. I always think if I could give it up all.. go live..back in the wild.. Use my brains to survive.. If I do, I do.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is tougher than we expect it to be...maybe we'll need a prize money to motivate us ;)

      Delete
  2. I like the idea of a technology 'sabbath' - one day a week you unplug. Especially after reading yesterday that some people are so addicted to their smart phone they take it into the shower with them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maura...it has become so impossible...I wish we could...

      Delete
  3. I am with you on the reality shows. Loved this post! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :D The reality show on what goes inside a newsroom might turn out to be fun!!
    Though for the ongoing reality shows, I hold same opinion as yours!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kriti probably then we will have more meaningful news...

      Delete
  5. Great ideas. You should offer them to television producers. I've written a series of books after the world suffers a Great Flood. I show how future generations cope without technology and what they make of 'tech sheens' they find buried beneatht the soil. Returning the visit from UBC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Francene :) Sounds interesting :)

      Delete
  6. Amazing ideas and seems practical too ! Could be possible a comedy show even !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Comedy was on my mind when I wrote about the concept...

      Delete
  7. fantastic ones! i too belong in your league when it comes to reality shows! such a misnomer they are! reality shows with no reality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apala, I agree...but some of them are good entertainment none the less. Especially the talent hunt shows are great to watch...

      Delete
  8. I like the one without technology.. wish there really was a show like that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lets hope that a right person reads my blog and get inspired ;)

      Delete
  9. Will be loads of fun if there are shows like these :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ya Bhavya, it would be better than a daily soap or a reality show without meaning...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love our post and blog.

    I like much more shows, where their talents in singing - music compete.

    ReplyDelete
  12. life without technology! You are scaring me.I am serious You have no idea what you are mentioning. Blasphemy!! And well that politician idea even I had :D :D

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richa I think we should all try to live without electricity...

      Delete
  13. Fun ideas!! And these shows would be much more entertaining than the stuff we have today on TV!!

    ReplyDelete

You surely want to leave a comment. Don't you? Go ahead! please :)