Jul 13, 2013

A bit of everything at Meherchand Market

Today was one of the days when despite of the heat or the rain, I pick up my bag and get out of my house to explore a new part of Delhi and the destination was Meherchand market.

A website calls this market the new Khan market, another calls it Hauz Khas. Reviews were overwhelming and almost everybody called it a ‘rich mommy’ market.

I had seen a bit of this market while crossing the Lodhi Colony at times. It is right behind the India Habitat Center. (I guess many have noticed the CCD at the corner)

The lane isn’t very long, also there aren’t too many shops. It isn’t as big as Khan Market or as overwhelming as Hauz Khas. Shops aligned in a clean row along the pavement can easily be missed.

No hustling bustling of ladies, no cars struggling for parking, this place is quiet and fun to shop.

Like I said, there is a bit of everything – stores that you would identify from Khan Market or Hauz Khas or Shahpur Jat. Actually, I’d say I found the stores that I like in these places at one market. There are a few boutiques selling fashion, others selling accessories, there are a few of home décor and few with the cool stuff that we like to keep. There are a few café and restaurants, a coffee shop and a desert corner.

Drop in there on a Saturday morning (at least I did) and you will get the shop attendant’s complete attention. Be it for gift or for personal use, an occasion or just like that, explore this market and then maybe end up with a lunch at All American Diner at IHC.









10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great way to spend a Saturday morning!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle...thanks for dropping by..It indeed was a good saturday

      Delete
  2. This looks like a FUN place to shop!!!! I especially love the colorful awnings (Nourish looks like it has some awesome goodies in there) .. Rub has a really cool logo. I'm assuming it's a spa. I hope you treated yourself (if they're a spa). Sounds like a beautiful Saturday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, It wasnt the spa...the place is called Ruh, its a boutique.
      I guess spa is the only thing missing there...

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a wonderful time :),,,thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was in delhi for a long time but unfortunately never got a chance to go that side. Friends praise the american diner a lot. I am sure it was a fun trip :)

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This place has gained its popularity recently...American Diner is good ol' style and nice :)

      Delete

You surely want to leave a comment. Don't you? Go ahead! please :)