Jun 19, 2013

Mishika...my little bundle of joy...

On January 8th, 2013 God blessed my family with a little angel...she is my niece and my sweet heart. My family was elated and I could not wait to take her in my arms.

She is close to six months now, and my father is still in his semi-retirement mood as he finds excuses every two hours to come home from office and play with his grand daughter. I guess the world around me already knows about how much "obsessed" with her we all are...

In light of recent brutality, I feel we are blessed to be born in a family where female are given equal rights and we are not hypocrit about it. Not once did we decide that the celebration has to be smaller as it was a "girl". Or never ever I have been stopped to do a thing because I am a girl.

i have been living on my own, meet a new face every day, travel with strangers and go to unkown locations for work. but the recent incidences make me worried about my safety and more about her safety. Almost paranoid, we dont let any male staff, servant, distant reletive take her without supervision. Even the female house help needs to be trained to let any man come close to her. In a few bright moments I wonder that will we end up over protecting her? But almost like my answer, there is yet another story making us believe of our actions..

She is our bundle of joy, and we wont let her joys subside because of the cruelity of the world. Therefore, I wish we all have the wisdom to decide and choose the best for her.

4 comments:

You surely want to leave a comment. Don't you? Go ahead! please :)