Apr 5, 2014

Reviews A to Z - Dine out at Ego-obsession

Recently I had a sister’s night out at Ego Obsession in New Friends Colony market in Delhi. It is a well-known place among dilliwallas. It is quite old and it is famous for its own kind of Italian.

It wasn’t the first time I went there and hopefully not last. I sort of like that place. The ambience is warm and cozy. One can easily get comfortable in dim lights and classics English songs. It reminds me of diners that they showed in old Italian movies.

Their menu is a wide one. It is one of the few places in Delhi which serves Rosti – something I absolutely love.  Before I proceed I would like to clarify that Yes, Rosti is not Italian, but I am not saying this place is authentic Italian. I am not an expert to comment on tastes of authentic Italian, but to me, whatever they serve is excellent.
This isn't a plate of my Rosti, but I found this similar looking pic on Wikipedia.

On our last visit, we ordered a Cannelloni, Pizza and Rosti.

The service time is good, especially when the place is not over crowded.   If you happen to visit often, you will realize that there are many others like you. The place has a fan following of its own.

It is indeed a good option to dine out in Delhi.


P.S. Zomato rates it 3.8. Therefore, if you believe in this website, I know you will look out for a chance to try it.



---------------------


Linking it to UBC and A to Z challenge.

Have you found Shades of Life on Facebook yet? Please check it out here

Please take out time to read more about the featured blogger for the month of April here.

Guests are always welcomed at Shades of Life. Drop me a line at sugandha118@gmail.com and I would love to share your thoughts here.

34 comments:

  1. The food is good,ambiance fine,location convenient and not crowded if you choose the right timing- a glowing tribute for the place that serves Italian food authentic or not..

    ReplyDelete
  2. An interesting name for an Italian restaurant. But you write a good review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will give it a try, the place sounds great. Thanks for the review, lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didnt u get a chance to taste Lasagna ? It is absolutely delicious
    Do visit V spot cafe in GGN if time permits and ya this ego obsession name sounds so cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been to V spot in Saket...didnt like it too much

      Delete
  5. Decided... Whenever we are meeting next - this is the place! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice review. I will check out your site!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Food makes me hungry! Looks yum...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks yummy yum!!! Being a foodie, i am so excited to see food review!!

    Stri

    ReplyDelete
  9. A to Z minion stopping by and glad I did, the food was scrumptious. Joined your site and will return.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I better take a snack break now. :-) Good reviews. I'm glad to follow along.
    Deb@ http://debioneille.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the free flow of words and yummy post. Ah! You are quite a foodie, one must say and lovely review:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmmm... sounds delicious. I'm hungry now! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good review, Sugandha, though I haven't been to the place yet...I'll look forward to it when I visit Delhi :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have been to Ego many times and hence I know what you are saying- It is awesome!!

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I waited for you to reply because I knew something like this will come up!

      Delete
  15. I love Italian! Looks like that is one more on our common-likes list :) By April end, we are going to have loads to talk about :D


    *Shailaja*
    Introspection in Shades of 11
    A to Z Challenge, 2014/ UBC, April 2014

    ReplyDelete
  16. Damn! I just had my lunch but looking at this I am hungry again :(

    ReplyDelete

You surely want to leave a comment. Don't you? Go ahead! please :)