Jul 9, 2013

"Mere yaar ki shaadi hai" - my best friend's wedding...

My best friend is getting married and I am on my way to attend her wedding. Since I won't be really concentrating on anything else except attending her wedding, I believe it is best if I write about this big fat Indian wedding for my daily challenge and include you in spirits too.

Sanjoly, my friend from my elementary school is one of my oldest and closest pals. Belonging to same hometown, she is the only real friend I have in the town.

We haven't really spent a lot of time together or stayed in same town but with it's own ups and downs our friendship sustained.

Exact three months ago my mother called me to tell me that she was getting engaged. Two days and some abuses later I congratulated her on phone call.


I haven't met the groom yet. He lives in Kathmandu, Nepal. But from what I have heard, he seems to be a nice guy.

The next few days are going to be a lot of fun with dressing up, dance, functions and loads of good food. (My next few posts are going to be account of the big fat Indian wedding)

I am attending this wedding with the second friend "Sakhi" whom I know from the same time. We have been strong as a trio for as long as I remember.

These are the friends who have bought me joy, who have never judged me and have stayed by me through thick and thin. We might have never been regularly on phone or remembered all birthdays and anniversaries, but we have a connect that soulmates do.

I wish her a lot of joy and happiness and wish her good luck. I pray to god that our friendship sustains through the changes in our lives. But for now, it is going to be fun and folly.

Stay tuned...

13 comments:

  1. So Mere Yaar ki Shaadi hai Dance is on the card...
    Best Wishes to your Friends.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah :)
      Thanks...I'll pass on the wishes ;)

      Delete
  2. Exciting. Looking forward to your live-blogging the event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wish your friend a happy married life :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice!
    Have fun at your friend's wedding! :)
    my best wishes to her :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. enjoy! n looking forward to the coming posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Apala,
      Thanks.. You can check out other posts...

      Delete
  6. aaa my best friend's wedding ha :D :D.. good looking forward to your wedding updates...have fun and enjoy..and congrats to your friend on her wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sugandha friends from school are forever irreplaceable. And we often have these memories bitter sweet that never go awa. But what sticks is the bond that always remains. And I am sure you must be having a ball time with wedding on and the friends also around :)

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richa I had the best time...tired like hell but loads and loads of memories :) it was grand and simply amazing, it couldnt be better..

      Delete

You surely want to leave a comment. Don't you? Go ahead! please :)