Jun 17, 2013

Summers...we'll miss you


It is rather crazy how we miss the season that just passed. Being lucky enough to experience all four season changes in my city, I often hear people miss the season that went by.

Still, it sounds stupid for many to miss summers (You have to survive Delhi winters to understand our love for summers). However, there are many who do love summers and with monsoon hitting the city are missing it.

My reaction to monsoon (or call it autumn) is a bit mixed. I love Rains…absolutely love them. There is nothing about water pouring down with full force that I do not like, but still I wish I could control it as per my requirements.

But loving summers, yes I love it too. The excuse to take holidays and retreat to hills (Manali, Shimla and many other places are full of tourists from Delhi in this season). The excuse to sip that extra-large glass of iced-tea, or lemonade, or mojito. The only season when getting up early in the morning is not a pain. The season when you love late night drives. The excuse to forget weight and eat as much ice-cream you want.

Come autumn and we start remembering the extra kgs. that we have put on. Mothers start worrying about infections and sickness. For office commuters (especially those who don’t own cars) every day is a fight with rains. Streets that resemble swimming pool. And the worst of all, beginning to get cold in middle of the night.

Anyway, scholars have said that we should accept each situation gracefully, and here I am, sitting in front of my laptop with a cup of tea, watching the rain and smiling in my heart. Summers, we’ll see you next year :)

2 comments:

  1. I also o love Summer a lot and I hate Rainy season,not that I hate Rains I loved it till it doesn't not become a pain as you mentioned controlled it as per my requirements...
    Nice Read

    ReplyDelete

You surely want to leave a comment. Don't you? Go ahead! please :)