Jun 11, 2013

First showers of monsoon 2013

Days of prickly heat and sweat seems to end with first showers of monsoon...irrespective of the parental advice of how it carries dirt and infection, first shower always welcome us to take it in the aroma the wet mud, feel the water trickling down our fingers and getting soaked.
Songs are written on the first rains, poets call it the season of love, sadists call it season of missing your loved ones...and sadly but truly doctors call it season of infection...
However, good or bad the description might be, it has always managed to tempt me to take an off from work, get myself a mug of tea and a book and sit in balcony to day dream while I pretend to read. It manages to tempt me to put on my flip flops, pick an umbrella n walk. It always manages to tempt me into going out on a drive with a thermos full of warm tea, roll the glasses down and feel the breeze.
Then comes the whole season of sweat and rains, sticky heat and puddled streets, traffic jams and insects...and they last till we start to hate it.

But being a Delhite, and waiting for monsoon to arrive (and its scheduled to start from tomorrow as per MET) I am readying myself to welcome it with love and affection...are you?

1 comment:

  1. Be sure to have a Umbrella by your side when you are out of home.. :-)

    ReplyDelete

You surely want to leave a comment. Don't you? Go ahead! please :)