Jun 27, 2013

An evening in Hauz Khas village

Hauz Khas Village is turning out to be a popular place for students, art lover, tourists and even party lovers.

Evenings, especially the ones with good weather can be best spent in the village. The village has variety to offer and there is something for everyone.
 
 For big shoppers, there is enough to shop till you drop. Designer dresses, accessories, home furnishings and much more. For little ones, you can look around, take inspirations, and pick random little souvenirs or accessories that can add style in low budget.

For photo and travel lovers, a chai at Kunzum Café is must. Known for its travelers, Kunzum café has been covered by many for being one of its kinds.

If you want drink and be merry, there are various options like Garage Inc., OTB, the pink room and others.

For fine diners, couples and comfort seekers, there are many lounges and restaurant to pick from. My favorite ones are Imperfecto or Amour.

However, I like to spend my time walking around the village, walking up the Hauz Khas (which is actually a heritage site), standing in one of the alcoves and taking in the beauty of the lake and breathe fresh air. The place is full of dreamy couples, amateur and skilled photographers practicing their talent, artists capturing the beauty with their pencils, readers with their favorite picks, writers in deep thought, college students bunking class and enjoying and wanderers like me who choose to wear a different hat each time.

I like to drop into one of the café that the village has to offer, eat a tart at Elma’s or sip homemade iced tea at flip side or have a cappuccino at Boheme. If not, I like to walk into a new restaurant and try something new (which most of the time is nice)

The festivals at Hauz Khas (I have only known of one that occurred) are exciting, there is a lot to the place that cannot be described. Next time, when confused, Hauz Khas is the place to drop in and I am sure you can find your pick.   

8 comments:

  1. Hauz Khas Heritage Complex and Park is beautiful!!..evenings are the best time to spend here....as one gets to experience nature and then can go around walking into the village & explore shops and eateries!!!


    wonderfully written and mirrors my thoughts on HKV :)

    http://www.myunfinishedlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks,
    I wrote the post because I have come across many who don't even know about it's existence and everyone seems to get mesmerized when they visit the place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this unique little urban Village nestled in the City of Cities- Delhi. certainly a nice place for a hangout on weekend.I like Flipside cafe and also Kuzart lane. this a place one cant miss in Delhi :) Good Post Sugandha. Wish you have added some pictures to this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jigyasa,

      Sadly, I havent got any pictures of the place.

      Delete
  4. That is nice write up on Hauz Khas..Never been there,So next time when I will be in Delhi I am sure to visit...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post. I just missed, was in Hauzkhas for the last 3 days. Let me try next time.

    ReplyDelete

You surely want to leave a comment. Don't you? Go ahead! please :)