Aug 19, 2013

Day 11 - The Last Lecture reviewed by Richa Singh

Today is my lucky day. Actually it is my best luck day. It has just been one of the best. I had an awesome time at work today (which is rare for Mondays).
Second, when post work I opened my blog I had a surprising number of readers and comments.
Then I started reading blogs by others and came across a wonderful review by Jaideep on Love is Vodka. I dropped him a line asking if I could share it for my project 30 days 30 books and he instantly agreed and encouraged by saying that I should make it 30 days 60 books.
Lastly, Richa dropped me a message saying that she had just finished the review of a book.

So Yes! I finally reach Day 11 of the project (which is today) with a wonderful review of The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch reviewed by Richa Singh.

There two special parts of this post is that it is done by my favorite blogger “Richa Singh” and it is a review of one of my favorite books.
Richa in her own words is a Writer, Photographer, Wife, Design Engineer, Blogger, Trained Classical Singer, Kathak Dancer, Sister, Daughter, Human - all stumbled into in reverse order. She has a wonderful blog called “The philospher’s stone” which revolves around some short stories, contest entries, memoirs, reviews, festivals and more. It is one blog that is on my top reads list. (read a review of her story here)

In her review Richa says “It’s (The last lecture) a must read for all. And especially for those who feel that life for them is becoming more of a routine. Because the topic Randy chooses for the speech is "How I achieved my childhood dreams?" The topic itself makes us reflect on our life. And will surely make you ask questions you would now want some answers.” Read the full review here.
I couldn’t agree with her more. Last lecture is the story of Randy Pausch as he struggled with Cancer, published in 2008. It’s a book that is on the must read list by The New York list.

It is often compared to Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom. (You can read it’s review here)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot Sugandha :-) such kind words my friend touched my heart so much :-) And yes why not 60 we will of course help you on the way :-)

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You welcome my dear :) And i feel like a star every time i see my blog link up there on your page on fb.

      60...maybe next time.

      Delete

You surely want to leave a comment. Don't you? Go ahead! please :)