Aug 9, 2013

Day-2 Book Review - Fifty shades

Here comes the day 2 of my latest project – 30 days 30 books…I am glad that I have some contributors so I can probably skip some days by just offering you their reviews to read…

But today I bring the second book from the list of ten books I promised.

“Fifty Shades of Grey” and the next two in the series – "Fifty shades darker" and "fifty shades freed".

It is a series that was highly praised and criticized at the same time. There are many who would raise an eyebrow and flinch at the sight of the book in your hand. The books won several awards for being one of the best erotica novels and made to Bestseller list.

The only three novels by E.L. James made the record for fastest selling paperbacks in 2012 making her one of the most influential authors.

Though eyebrows can be raised at the erotica content, but the story has a suspense grip that keeps you going through the series.

One thing I loved the most about fifty shades is the vocabulary. There are some really exotic words, just out of British’s dictionary, reminding us again of author’s origin. Most importantly, these exotic words are so well dropped that they are self-explanatory.

Well who doesn’t love Christian Grey...any girl would go weak in her knees with the description E.L. James has provided for her protagonist. Tall, rich, handsome…and multiple reminder of how hot he is leaves any woman dreaming.

The story of rich meets poor, confused and complicated personalities and with a twist of suspense leave one dangling for more after each book. No matter how embarrassing it might be to read the best erotica novel, the twist and the suspense of the story takes you back to the bookstore till you finish the three.

The plot sounds like one of the mills and boons novel that you might have come across but it is only more engrossing, elaborate and exciting. For a romance novel, it has the right amount of mystery to keep the non-romantic ones moving two.

The fifty shades get 4 out of 5 rating on my chart.


You can also read the Day 1 review - "And the mountains echoed by Khalid Hossini"

15 comments:

  1. i couldnt get thru the book after first 100 pages... didnt interest me, one of the few books i left half way down : www.freepaperbook.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Specifically why i decided to write a review...one book which has drawn extreme reaction.

      Delete
  2. Christian Grey and Anatasia are two beautifully etched characters but I couldn't like the novel and forced myself to complete it. I would rate it : 1.5/5.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you gave it 4/5!!! I hate that book a lot!! :P

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave it 4 because it deserves to get the due credit for its catagory...the problem is that we do not really read erotica and no books makes it to mainstream book selling...it was sheer curosity that how a book can sell so much made me read this.

      Delete
  4. I haven't read fifty shades because of all the criticism...your review has got me intrigued....good review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...am not sure about liking it.
      Probably i'd catagorize it as weekend reading

      Delete
  5. It is on my wishlist, so probably I'll write a review myself someday.
    But backed by your kind words for the language and mystery, I think I will have to make it fast :)

    Cheers,
    Blasphemous Aesthete

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Review!!!
    I loved the books. I should agree these are the best written books.
    The Movie Fifty Shades Of Grey


    ReplyDelete

You surely want to leave a comment. Don't you? Go ahead! please :)