Jun 20, 2013

Why your girlfriend loves flowers?

Many a times, I have heard people stating that they hate flowers, whereas from Bollywood to your next door neighbor, most girls go drooling over them. The question often asked in “Why?”

And my answer is – “If a picture is worth a thousand words, a flower is worth a thousand emotions”.

Flowers define freshness, tenderness, care, color, beauty and all put together affection. It may vary from person to person on which flower they like or how they like it to be presented, but no one really hates flowers. (If you are allergic to it, it is a different case)

However, coming back to women (including me), who love flowers. Most of us cannot pin point at a reason to love them, but the moment we see them out mouth curves into a natural smile.

Men here is your clue – No matter how much you hate them, flowers are the cheapest (and the best) gift you have.

I once argued with a practical and analytical brain of a man over why flowers are the best gifts? And here is the summary and my view points -

1. Flowers in most cases are as effective diamond ring – From Hollywood to Bollywood, we have seen men kneel in proposal with either a ring or a rose, and it works. (Warning – if you show here the ring and give her the rose, it might cause collateral damage)

2. Easiest way to say sorry – Many times in your relationship, you screw up (maybe not literally, but that doesn’t matter) Flowers are the best sorry without saying. All you need to get her a few and see her melting.

3. It is a perfect excuse – As a man you often tend to get late. (Come on accept, that you do). Flowers are the best excuse. You get them easily, cheap (with just some change), around the clock… “Why are you late?” “Baby, I was getting you these”

4. I care for you gift – It’s your tenth month “I first saw you anniversary” and she has reminded you of it twice, and either you don’t know what to get her or you don’t have the capability (monetary or emotional) to buy her a gift. Get her flowers. Even if she was expecting big, she will not say anything.

So here I am, open for arguments on why you still hate flowers. Come on men, if you live with her, you get to see them going into a vase tenderly and increasing the value of your favorite coffee table. If you don’t, you get to at least see your girl beam up and give you her best smile that reaches up her eyes. (An additional argument, you also earn a brownie point for next time your in-laws or her ever-so-suspicious friend pass a comment)

(I recently got a bunch of Yellow roses that I can’t forget, and by posting this I hope I can expect more ;))

4 comments:

  1. Oh long stem red roses can get me to do anything. Well, almost ;)

    Interesting post I must say.

    Thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Soumya,

      I hope men in our lives get this ;)
      Reading your blog is a pleasure...

      Delete
  2. Nice Post and I agree..Women go flatter over flowers,even my girlfriend sometimes ask me why I don't gift her flowers and my answer always is 'My Love for you is Forever and I if give you a flower it won't last forever,I don't want to represent my love with a flower that last only for a day or two...and she don't argue on it and hugs me tightly'.. :-)

    ReplyDelete

You surely want to leave a comment. Don't you? Go ahead! please :)