Jul 16, 2013

The perfect drive...

I have always been partial towards rains. No matter how stupid it might sound to many, rains for me romanticize everything around me. Therefore, when AmbiPur announced (you can check out more about them at http://www.facebook.com/AmbiPurIndia ) the contest for describing my idea of a perfect road trip I could remember the one in rain.

It was a November evening. It by no means is a rainy season. I was out for a dinner with someone I had met just a few weeks ago.

We got out after an early dinner to see clouds darkening the sky. We escaped desserts and got into his Honda City. He offered to drop me home and we drove towards my house. He switched on FM and tuned to a channel that played old bollywood melodies.

My house was just a short distance away and it was a pleasant ride. However, before we could reach my house it began to drizzle and then rain with full force. Rain in November is unexpected and as always it bought a smile and a song to my lips. The FM played one my favorite tunes of “abhi na jao chod ke, ki dil abhi bhara nahi” and I hummed along with it.

He stopped the car in front of my house and before I could break the song and say good bye, he asked me if I wanted to go for a drive and have a cup of tea somewhere.

Full of apprehensions yet excited about rain, tea and the person along with me, I agreed. We drove along the DND highway to Noida. The songs changed to more romantic tracks, the RJ had also shifted mood to rain and romance.

By the time we reached Sector 18 in Noida, the rain had once again reduced to drizzle. He got out and got us two cups of tea from a road side stall and increased the volume of FM.

As the song ended, the RJ voice boomed in the car – “and the next request is from a guy who wants to tell this girl…” At the same time, he opened my door and I found him kneeling with a rose and he finished the sentence, “…that he loves her”. The track that followed was “Jab Koi Baat Bigad Jae”

That was the first time I fell in love. That was the best drive I ever had.

13 comments:

  1. Awwwwwlieeee, that wouldve been such a incredible high, being in the rains, in the month of nov, old bollywood songs, drive with a friend you just made..perfect settings.. Happy for you.. :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the rain also... storms are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so so cute...God bless. Love and Rain are my favorite combination

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was fictional? wow!! well written

    ReplyDelete
  5. Semi ;) I leave it to you to decide what happened and what not :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fictional? Real? Or wishful :D :D it was a very well written story as well and yes when I was in noida I went for plenty drives on DND. And Sugandha sector 18! wow I miss atta woman :(

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Half real, half wishful...thanks, I like atta too...

      Delete

You surely want to leave a comment. Don't you? Go ahead! please :)